Tuesday 3 November 2009

Evaluating My Front Cover

After looking at My magazine front cover I thought that overall it is a good magazine.
I think that the colour scheme is good as it looked professional and had only 3 colours this is good as it didn’t over power the magazine. The colours are very neutral and unisex, they are not just aimed at one sex.
The only down fall is that the puffs could be shorter as they are quiet long winded. Also the text in the puffs could have been in capitals so that they stand out from the stars. The Donate for shoes for Africa didn’t stand out as the foot prints are going through it, also the font could be changed so that the text is easier to read.
The text colours are relevant to the magazine as they are school colours and it is a school magazine.
The photography is relevant to my puffs as they match in terms of meaning, for example one of my photographs is of a year 11 pupil doing his art work and the puff relates to the image as it talks about an art fair year 11 art students will be attending.
I Feel that a brand was created as the font I used for my master head and placing the logo were I did if you saw that on an advert you would know that it is a school magazine as it stands out from the rest of the front cover.
I feel that this magazine is appropriate for its use as a school magazine. The magazine is aimed at the right aged audience as it is a secondary school magazine it has a professional feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment